Tuesday 12 December 2017

BREAKTHROUGH IN DEVAKERALAM RESEARCH
Dear friends,
There is a major breakthrough regarding our understanding of DEVAKERALAM/ CHANDRAKALANADI. It is believed so far that the work belongs to 11th century and the author was a Keralite named Achyuta. Though, I have had my reservations because of the name of another author Venkatesa associated with the work and also because the text discusses the Jaimini school extensively which is prominent from the Andhra area.
After going through my article ‘DECODING DEVAKERALAM’, Mr. Sreenadh OG posted this article in his group for discussion among the scholars. Thanks to one of the scholars, Sri V Krishnan Nampoothiri ji, who tried and succeeded to find out the time details of the 1st horoscope, I could work out the dates and times of 7 examples as given below. Most of the horoscopes from the 9 examples I have given belong to the 17th and 18th century. I am working on the other charts also....but, I could not find the planetary positions of chart 3 in the nearby years...this may suggest that the text is an amalgamation of two different texts belong to two different periods separated by centuries. Anyhow, I am not in a state now to confirm anything as of now. I am more inclined for this inference because of the authorship of the text by two persons, Achyuta and Venkatesa.

To this Shri Shreenadh OG has added his opinion: Venkatesa could be of 18th century and Achyuta of may be few centuries before him... a possibility. Chandrakala nadi could be the original name of the text and Devakeralam the name of the modified text...another possibility.
I will keep you updated as my research progresses in Devakeralam.
PS. You can refer to my article by visiting this link: http://gururajeshkotekal.blogspot.in/…/decoding-devakeralam…






No comments:

Post a Comment